Deploy Pega Infinity with configuration enhancements and convenient images (8.5)
When you deploy Pega Infinity™ in your Kubernetes-based cloud environments, you control the infrastructure running your Pega applications yourself by using the cloud-native software architecture of Pega Infinity that can scale up or down to suit your application processing needs. The continuous improvements that Pega makes to its Helm-based deployment process empower you to:
- Deploy Pega Infinity on environments running Kubernetes 1.16 or greater.
- Configure specific nodes in your Kubernetes cluster with different attributes, such as persistent storage, or assign pods of a certain tier to run on particular nodes. For details, see nodeSelector.
- Use custom annotations on pods with which clients can extend the default properties of their pods. For details, see Custom Annotations for Pods.
Along with Kubernetes infrastructure improvements are several new Pega-maintained containers that are available for client download. Pega builds each container so that it is ready for any client deployment; after you download each container, move them to your preferred Docker repository and then reference them in your configuration file:
- platform/pega - the Pega Platform deployment container, which includes a customized version of the Tomcat application server.
- platform/search - the search engine required for Pega Platform search and reporting capabilities. This Docker image contains Elasticsearch and includes all required plugins.
- platform/installer - A utility image that Pega Infinity deployments use to install or upgrade all of the Pega-specific rules and database tables in the database in which you have configured your deployment.
To learn more, see Using Pega-provided Docker images.
To get started deploying Pega Infinity in your Kubernetes environment, see Client-managed cloud.