Low-code Application Development
Application Development tools help you create high-quality applications that follow best practices. Key enhancements in this release focus on expanding App Studio functionality to further support the Pega Express™ methodology. You can now understand and plan your Microjourney™ in a holistic way by creating relationships between cases, personas, and data objects. For greater clarity, now each persona lists associated channels that you can differentiate by applying unique icons. You can also plan your application development more conveniently by calculating estimations based on elements that your team needs to implement. Other enhancements include a new field type - data relationship - that replaces field groups, field group lists, and data references, which results in increased reusability across your application and lower development effort.
Application Development tools include the following enhancements:
- Plan your Microjourneys more conveniently in an improved Case Designer (8.5)
- Estimate projects automatically in App Studio (8.5)
- Define fields in data objects intuitively (8.5)
- Search for Pulse messages in spaces (8.5)
- Find items quickly in App Studio (8.5)
- Create conditions in an enhanced condition builder (8.5)
- Navigate easier across business logic-based routing cards (8.5)
- Develop applications faster with nested Declare Trigger rules (8.5)
- Plan successful Microjourneys in App Studio (8.4)
- Manage application development efficiently with application Inventory (8.4)
- Create conditions faster with an Anypicker control (8.4)
- Improve application development by saving changes in branches (8.3)
- Define When rules more efficiently with the condition builder (8.3)
- Switch between applications more conveniently in App Studio (8.3)
- Generate customized application documentation in App Studio (8.3)
- Visualize application layers for case processes and sections (8.2)
- Improve productivity by using role-based workspaces (8.1)
- Review key application highlights on a single page (8.1)
- Collaborate by using agile-development features (8.1)
- Manage your library of reusable components more efficiently (8.1)
To learn about all the new features in, watch the video below.
Looking for our 8.4 videos? Visit our What's New video library.
Visit www.pega.com to learn more about Pega Infinity™.
Visit What's New in Pega Platform to discover all the exciting new features in this release.