Pega Cloud Services enhancements (8.6)
When you use Pega Infinity™ as a service delivered in Pega Cloud® environments, you focus on developing your Pega applications for your customers while Pega Cloud Services handles the resiliency, scalability, and the Pega-managed security of your Pega applications.
Have you checked out these latest enhancements to your Pega Cloud services?
Explore the new self-service Pega Cloud portal, with which you can complete self-service tasks, such as restarts and log downloads, view your upcoming, scheduled maintenance, and participate in your upgrade journey. You can also review Pega requests that require your action in a new Action center folder such as approving the UAT and Go-NoGo stages of the upgrade process. For more information, additional information will be available at the final release date.
- Support for running new Development/Test and Staging environments at production level 3. Pega Cloud does not support client requests to modify these levels. To learn what levels are supported for different types of deployed Pega Cloud environments, additional information will be available at the final release date.
- Enhancement of the auto-hibernation feature that provides you with more visibility into the status of the hibernation and wake-up process through your self-service Pega Cloud portal. To review the FAQ about how Pega partners with you to reduce the energy consumption and the carbon footprint of our client environment portfolio and review the wake-up steps, additional information will be available at the final release date.
- Stream your Pega software-generated log files directly to an Amazon S3 bucket within your enterprise Amazon Web Services account. To get started, see Accessing your logs using an external Amazon S3 bucket.
- Support for integrating your AWS Transit Gateway into your Pega Cloud Services subscription. This enhancement allows you to centralize your external connections to your Pega Cloud environments in a monitored and secure private network. To review the requirements and complete your integration, see Integrating with an existing Transit Gateway.
After your Pega application in your Pega Cloud Service is running release 8.6, your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud environments can take advantage of these enhancements and new features:
- If you have purchased Pega Process AI, your Pega Cloud Service infrastructure will be enhanced to support AI, Decisioning, & Event stream triage. For details see Pega Process AI.
- Use the new Servlet Management feature in your Pega application, which provides a simple, secure method of managing the servlets in Pega Cloud applications. With the introduction of Servlet Management, you can now customize the servlet name, authentication type, and parameters. Additionally, you can now add new servlets and disable and delete unused servlets. For additional details about this Pega Cloud Service feature, see Manage servlets without editing the web.xml file (8.6). For the security configuration details, additional information will be available at the final release date.
- Enhanced support for streaming service authentication, allowing you to set up your streaming service through your Pega application. additional information will be available at the final release date.
- Archive and purge cases in your application in order to improve its performance as part of your long-term data retention plan. To learn about this enhancement and begin archiving data, additional information will be available at the final release date.
- New deployments of Pega Customer Decision Hub (CDH) use your Decision Data Store (DDS) to store your action state data by default, thereby boosting your application performance and improving its stability. Along with this enhancement, new application versions also supports changing your action state data to use an available database. Your data storage configuration in existing deployments of CDH are not affected. To learn more or change this default behavior, additional information will be available at the final release date.