Resolving fast-track change requests
Address high priority or emergency rule changes through fast-track change requests. This type of change request provides the mechanism for making urgent business rule changes in a separate context, without the need to disrupt a revision that is in progress.
Enabling fast-track changes
As a system architect, enable fast-track change requests in your application by assigning business users with the following access groups:
This operator can create and approve fast-track change requests.
This operator can amend the rules directly in the context of an enterprise application and submit the changes for approval.
These access groups are available by default when you create an application overlay for revision management, as shown in the following example:
Access groups that enable fast-track change requests
For more information, see Creating application overlays.
Initiating business changes outside of the standard revision management process
As a revision manager, you can start fast-track change requests directly on the Revision Management landing page. In addition, you can convert an approved standard change request to a fast-track change request.Creating a fast-track change request
- In the Fast track. section, select
- Select the checkbox next to each rule that you want to include in the change request.
- Click Change <X> rules, where X is the number of rules that you included in the change request. For reference, see the following example:
Initiating a fast-track change request
You can increase the priority of business changes by converting standard change requests to fast-track change requests.
- On the Revision Management landing page, open a revision that is in progress.
- Open a standard change request that has been approved.
- In the top-right corner, click Change to fast track, as in the following example:
Converting a standard change request to a fast-track change request
- Review the change request contents and click Submit.
Completing a fast-track change request
As a strategy designer, you can work on a fast-track change request by switching the context to the fast-track application to ensure that your work is isolated from the other changes. By using this solution, you can safely release fast-track changes in advance of standard revision work.Before you begin
Ensure that the list of your access groups includes the <overlay_name>:FastTrackStrategyDesigner access group.
- Log on to Pega Marketing™ or Customer Decision Hub™ portal.
- Switch the application context to the fast-track application by performing the following actions:
- Click on your operator icon.
From the Switch apps menu, select the fast-track application.The fast-track application is always the enterprise application on top of which you built the revision management overlay. This application has all the previous revisions that were deployed and contains no revisions that are in progress. This separate context isolates urgent business rule changes from the standard revision management process.
- In the My Work section, access the change request and perform rule changes according to the change request description.
- Submit your changes for the revision manager's approval.
Resolving a fast-track change request
As a revision manager, you can review and approve fast-track change requests similarly to standard change requests. After you approve a fast-track change request, that request is automatically packaged in a new revision for download or direct deployment. In addition, a new revision ruleset version is created.
Perform the following actions to resolve a fast-track change request:
- Switch the application context to the fast-track application.
- On the Revision Management page, in the My work section, open the fast-track change request that you want to approve.
- Review the changes, and then click Approve.
You resolved the change request. That change request is now packaged and ready to deploy as part of a separate revision, as shown in the following example: