Configuring Call volume alerts
In the Pega Customer Service application, the Call volume alert indicates the volume of the interactions that are received by the customer service representative. Configuring this capability helps you to view the volume of interactions as color codes in the Call volume alert indicator. You can find the Call volume alert indicator in the top right corner of the Interaction portal. When you click the Call volume alert, the Contact Center At a Glance page is displayed.
The Contact Center At a Glance page shows the current call volume details and the Pega Customer Service interaction chart. This chart provides information on the current Average Handling Time (AHT) of the customer service representatives and the interaction time for a service type. You can also change the Simulate call volume indicator value to High, Moderate, or Low. This change impacts the suggested tasks, the call duration goals, and the color code of the call volume indicator. For information on suggested tasks and call duration goals, see the Implementation guide on the Pega Customer Service page.
The following color codes are used to indicate the volume:
- Red – High volume alert
- Yellow – Medium volume alert
- Green – Low volume alert
The indicator displays the status of the simulated data. To retrieve and utilize the actual call volume information from a reader board, Automatic Call Distributor (ACD), or any other existing telephony assets, use the RetrieveVolumeMetrics activity. In the Pega Customer Service application, the Declare_ContactCenterVolume data page is used to specify the current data source by calling the GetContactCenterVolume activity. This activity initiates the RetrieveVolumeMetrics activity, which retrieves current information from the Automatic Call Distributor or reader board API.
To use the Call Volume Indicator, create a new API and specify the API that your application uses in the RetrieveVolumeMetrics activity.
- Log in to your application by entering your administrator credentials.
- To search for the activity, in the Search field, enter
RetrieveVolumeMetricsand open the activity.
- To create a new activity for your application, click Save as.
- Enter the Label and set the Context for the activity.
- Click Create and open.
- In Step 1 of the activity, change the Method from
Apply-DataTransform to your desired method. For example, remove
Apply-DataTransform and select
- Expand the When rule and enter the Method Parameters.
- In Step 2 of the activity, under Method, select
- Expand the When rule.
- In the DecisionTableName field, enter GetVolumeIndicator. The GetVolumeIndicator decision table controls the alert messages for the customer support representatives based on the threshold values. You can modify the threshold values and alert messages to suit your business needs.
- Click Save.
To configure the Call volume alert indicator in your application, perform the following steps:
- Switch to Pega Express by clicking the icon.
- In the Explorer panel, click Settings > Behaviors.
- The Display Call volume indicator is selected by default. If this is not enabled, to display the Contact Center volume indicator gadget in the Interaction Portal header, select the Display Call volume indicator check box.
- If you select the Display Call volume indicator check box, the Call Volume refresh rate (secs) list displays. Select a refresh rate.
- From the Messages and Alerts refresh rate (secs) list, select the refresh rate to refresh the Messages and Alerts gadget.
- From the Call timer refresh rate (secs) list, select the refresh rate at which to refresh the call timer. It is recommended that you use the default one second rate to provide a realistic timer for the Customer Service Representative (CSR).
- Click Done.
Published June 15, 2017 — Updated August 24, 2017