Configuring child interactions
Pega Customer Service provides you with the ability to open and service multiple child interactions during a customer interaction. This feature allows the customer service representatives (CSR) to service unrelated accounts and contacts during a single interaction.
Keep the following points in mind about child interactions:
- When tasks are completed in a child interaction, it is associated with the parent interaction and it is displayed in the interaction log.
- If you close the parent interaction, all of the child interactions and the associated tabs are no longer displayed in the user interface.
Consider the following business scenario: a CSR receives a call from an agent who wants to service multiple customer accounts during the same call. In this scenario, the API allows the CSR to open multiple interactions to service all of the accounts, but it maintains a record of the original call that initiated those interactions.
Each child interaction opens in a new tab, and the CSR can toggle between the tabs while on the call.
Specifying the sub-interaction
To start the sub-interaction, follow the given steps.
- Add a link in the CPMContactList section layout, and then click .
- Click the View properties icon to edit the link properties.
- Click the Actions tab, and then click Create an action set.
- Click Add an action, and then choose Run data transform.
- Enter the name of the data transform:
- Add another action: Create Work.
- In the Create Work section, configure the following values:
Class Name: PegaCA-Work-Interaction-Sub
Flow Name: CPMInteraction
You can configure child interactions to start in other sections as required by your business requirements. Follow the preceding configuration steps using the section that you want.
Published January 28, 2016 — Updated February 25, 2016