Configuring a data source
A data source is a placeholder that points to the source of data. A data source can either be a data page or a clipboard page.
Data sources hide technical details from users about how data is fetched from various sources. After a data source is defined, the Pega 7 Platform fetches data and presents it to users.
A data source is used for many purposes, such as:
- Searching portals and displaying search results
- Configuring portal search functions for external data sources
- Creating Interaction Driver tasks and suggestions
- Providing data references within dialog scripts
To configure a data source:
- In Designer Studio, click
- Select any instance and save the instance into your ruleset.
- On the Detail tab, select Data Page or Clipboard Page from the Source list.
- Enter values for the data page or clipboard page. For information about setting these values, see Customer service data sources in Pega Customer Service Implementation guide.
To test a newly configured data source, create a data source, map it to a class, and then update the interaction driver.
Published February 2, 2016 — Updated August 5, 2016