Configuring an Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook messenger
Customers interact with Pega Customer Service using automated self-service through an Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) for Facebook Messenger and with a Customer Service Representative (CSR). The IVA provides automated answers to customer questions. When the customer wants to chat with a CSR, the IVA pushes a chat message to a CSR, who can accept the chat request and review the past interaction transcripts before responding to the customer query.
To configure an Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook Messenger, complete the following steps.
- Log in to Designer Studio by entering the following credentials.
User Name: FMBotAdmin
- Click Designer Studio > Channels.
- To create a new channel, click New > Facebook.
- On the Conversation tab, complete the required fields.
- Add a request as described in Configuring the requests and responses for Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook Messenger.
- Modify analyzers as described in Natural Language Processing (NLP) text analyzers.
- On the Behavior tab, keep the default values for the User interactions with the channel for the very first time,No response match list, andError during processing fields.
- On the Connection tab, enter values for all fields as described in the Setting up a Facebook channel in Pega Customer Service section in Configuring a Facebook page for Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant.
Published March 17, 2017 — Updated August 9, 2017