Configuring Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook messenger to transfer chat to human agents
Customers interact with Pega Customer Service and customer service representatives by using automated self-service through an Intelligent Virtual Assistant for Facebook Messenger. The Intelligent Virtual Assistant provides automated answers to customer questions. When the customer wants to chat with a customer service representative, the Intelligent Virtual Assistant pushes a chat message to a customer service representative who can accept the chat request and review the past interaction transcripts before responding to the customer’s query.
To transfer a chat to human agent, complete the following tasks:
Creating a queue
- Create a chat queue as described in Configuring chat queues in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
- In the queue name field, enter Facebook.
Adding a customer service representative to a chat queue
- In Designer Studio, click Designer Studio > Channel Services > Pega Chat > Administration & Configuration.
- In the chat server row, click the Settings icon , then click .
- On the Queues tab, in your chat queue, click the Edit icon .
- In the Edit Chat Queue window, in the Skills list, add a customer service representative to work on the chat queue that you selected earlier.
, then click .
Joining a chat queue
- Open the Interaction portal and log in to a chat server by clicking the chat icon .
- In the Chat Login window, in the Chat server list, select a chat server, then click Login.
- To join a chat queue, on the top header bar, click the chat queue icon , then click Join Queues.
- In the select queue(s) to join section, select the chat queue check box of the chat queue that you have created in Creating a queue, then click Connect.
Creating a Facebook channel
Create a Facebook channel to interact with customers as described in Setting up a Facebook channel in the Pega Customer Service section in the Configuring a Facebook page for an Intelligent Virtual Assistant article on the PDN.
Updating the Facebook messenger app
Update your Facebook Messenger app as described in the Updating the Facebook Messenger app section in the Configuring a Facebook page for an Intelligent Virtual Assistant article on the PDN.
Updating the Facebook channel
- In your Facebook developer portal, in the left panel, click Messenger > Settings.
- To display your page access token, in the Token Generation section, in the Page list, click your page.
- Copy the page access token.
- Go to Designer Studio, then go to your Facebook channel page.
- On the Connection tab, in the Page Access Token field, paste the copied page access token.
Testing the configuration
- Log in to your messenger account.
- In the messenger chat window, type a message that you want to chat with a human agent, for example, chat with an agent, then press .
- Go to the Interaction portal, where an incoming chat request window is displayed.
Published September 26, 2017 — Updated November 1, 2017