Configuring a Service Level Agreement profile
A service-level agreement (SLA) is a formal agreement negotiated among organizations and their customers that clarifies the responsibilities of the parties involved in the agreement.
An SLA profile determines a value that identifies the current service needs of an entity associated with the SLA, such as a contact from a business unit or account owner.
An SLA profile has one of the following values:
- Platinum – Response time (for example, 12 hours) to resolve an escalated issue due to high importance and high priority
- Gold – Response time (for example, 24 hours) to resolve an escalated issue due to high priority
- Silver – Response time (for example, 48 hours) to resolve an escalated issue
For example, if a high priority business unit associated with the SLA raises an issue, this business unit is assigned a platinum SLA profile to indicate that the account requires expedited service.
- Log in to the Customer Service application.
- From the Explorer panel, click App to open the Application Explorer.
- Enter PegaCA-Interface-BusinessUnit to PegaCA-Interface-Contact in the class field at the top of the explorer.
- Expand Decision, and click .
- In the Applies to list, click classname.Profile, and click.
- In the Labelfield, enter a name (for example, SLAprofile).
- In the Development branch list, select any branch.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select a ruleset.
- On the Expressionstab, in the If list, select a property (for example .PriorityType).
- Select an operator from the Operator list (for example, =), and enter the property value (for example, High) in the Value field.
- To include an additional evaluation, click the Actions link to the right of the If list, and select one of the following: Insert Condition Before or Insert Condition After.
- In the Then set Profile = list, select Value of, and in the Value field, enter any value (for example, Platinum) to set if the condition evaluates to true.
- In the Otherwise set Profile = list, select Value of, and then in the Lowercase field, enter the default SLA value (for example, Gold) to set if none of the conditions evaluate to true.
- On the Change Tracking tab, select any value form the Calculate Value list (for example, whenever input changes). This list enforces the property value to be calculated whenever the input changes.
- In the Execute this expression list, select the appropriate value.
Configuring an SLA profile
Published June 16, 2016 — Updated September 19, 2016