Creating messages and alerts
In Pega Customer Service, users who are assigned the PegaCA:Manager role can create messages and alerts for specified workgroups, which are viewed on the dashboard. This enhances how important notifications, alerts, or other messages are communicated from management to contact centers.
Create a message or alert by completing the following steps:
- Log in to the Interaction portal using the following credentials:
- User Name: camanager
- Password: install
- Click the New Message link to open the messages and alerts gadget.
- Select the Show All Workgroups check box.
- In the Reporting WorkGroups column, select the workgroup to use to display the new message or alert.
- In the Selected WorkGroups column, move or remove your selections by clicking the list-to-list buttons.
- Optional: to indicate that the message or alert is urgent, select the Mark as Urgent? check box.
- Urgent messages and alerts display next to a red icon .
- Non-urgent messages and alerts display next to a blue icon .
- In the Start date field, specify when the message or alert starts displaying.
- In the End date field, specify when the message or alert stops displaying.
- In the Title field, enter the title for the message (maximum 25 characters).
- In the Message field, enter the message text.
to create the message and display it on the specified workgroup user's dashboard.
Once the message or alert has been created, you can edit the message or alert by double-clicking it and then making modifications to the title, message content, workgroups, and so on. When editing an existing message or alert:
- Save the changes you made by clicking
- Delete the alert by clicking
Published October 25, 2016 — Updated February 22, 2017