Defining Pega Intelligent virtual assistant for Facebook Messenger configuration
Customers can use Pega Intelligent virtual assistant to interact with Pega Customer Service by using Facebook Messenger. The Pega Intelligent virtual assistant for Facebook Messenger provides automated answers to customer questions. When a customer wants to chat with a customer service representative, the Intelligent virtual assistant escalates the current chat session to a customer service representative.
Escalation requires you to install and configure the Pega Chat application.
When an interaction is escalated, the customer service representative can review the current interaction transcripts before responding to the chat request. Also, the customer service representative can select any in-progress service case that is listed under NextBestAction and continue processing the case from the point where it was transferred by the Intelligent virtual assistant.
- Decide whether you want to use an Intelligent virtual assistant for any of your service case types. For example, you might want to use Intelligent virtual assistant to decrease the time that a customer service representative spends on handling cases of lost credit cards.
- Decide which Facebook page to use to configure the Intelligent virtual assistant. For example, you might choose your main product Facebook page. For more information, see Configuring the Facebook channel on the PDN.
- In Pega Customer Service, identify the Facebook channel to use to configure the Intelligent virtual assistant. For example, you might use the Asia-Pacific page if you want to use Intelligent virtual assistant to handle customer service requests for a product marketed primarily to that part of the world. For more information, see Configuring the Facebook channel on the PDN.
- Identify case types to use to support Intelligent virtual assistant interactions with customers. For example, you might want to use Intelligent virtual assistant to open a case to report an incident that happened during the processing of a claim request. For more information, see Conversational user channels and Adding a conversation to a case type on the PDN.
- Decide whether your application requires customized responses in addition to the application-provided responses. For example, configure the Intelligent virtual assistant to provide a business- specific error message, "Please provide beneficiary ID," instead of the generic error message. For more information, see Configuring Facebook chatbot system responses on the PDN.
- Decide whether you need to modify the text analyzers. For example, you might want to modify the text analyzer for your business class customers to route the elite customers to a specific group of customer service representatives. Also, decide whether to support a custom taxonomy, and, if yes, which custom categories to add to the text analyzers. For more information, see Natural language processing text analyzers on the PDN.
- Determine the Pega operator ID that gets created when a new user interacts with the Intelligent virtual assistant. Select a template with the appropriate access group and roles for the most likely interaction types.
- In Pega Customer Service, determine the rulesets to enable Pega Intelligent virtual assistant in your application. For more information, see Adding application rulesets for Intelligent virtual assistant on the PDN.
Published December 11, 2017 — Updated February 2, 2018