Google Chrome support in Pega Robotic Automation
Pega Robotic Automation Studio versions 220.127.116.11 and later include limited support for for interrogating and automating the Google Chrome browser by using the Universal Web Adapter. An extension to Chrome adds this functionality by using the Universal Web Adapter.
The following table lists the versions of Robotic Automation Studio that work with the corresponding Chrome versions:
|For these versions of Chrome||Use this version of Studio||With this extension|
|38 - 59|
18.104.22.168 and later
8.0.1012 - 8.0.1080
1.0.12 - 1.0.50
60 and later
22.214.171.124 and later
8.0.1012 and later
8.0 SP1 2004 and later
1.0.12 and later
Use the Setup wizard for Robotic Automation Studio and Robotic Automation Runtime to install the Chrome plug-in. If you are updating several users, you can use the command line installation command with the INST_CHROME=1 parameter to install the plug-in from the command line. If omitted, the Chrome plug-in is not installed. For more information, see the installation instructions for your version of Robotic Automation Studio or Robotic Automation Runtime.
Keep in mind the following limitations:
- You can interrogate cells within simple tables, but the table designer is not available for the Universal Web Adapter. Complex tables cannot be matched based on the table schema.
- Property changed events are not supported.
- Cancellable events are not supported.
- Plug-ins, such as Java and Flash, are not supported.
- The Universal Web Adapter does not support event collection for Pega Workforce Intelligence™.
- There is no utility for converting a legacy web adapter into a Universal Web Adapter.
- When uninstalling Robotic Automation Runtime or Robotic Automation Studio, the registry entries for the Chrome extension are not removed from the registry. The files that comprise this extension are located in a folder that Chrome owns and are not deleted by the uninstaller.
- When installing the Chrome extension and running it for the first time on a Robotic Automation Runtime machine, end users must respond decide whether to enable or uninstall the Chrome Extension. End users must enable the extension for Robotic Automation Runtime to inject. If an end user does not enable the extension, a manual process must be run to recover and install the extension again. For more information, contact Pega Support Home.
- To support multiple concurrent adapters, you must have version 8.0.1028 or later. For more information, see Using multiple Chrome adapters within a Studio solution.
- To support frames, you must have version 8.0.1038 or later.
- To support non-global webpage interrogations, you must have version 8.0.1042 or later.
Published December 1, 2016 — Updated March 12, 2019