How to add automatic field formatting to input fields
You can make a property value automatically format when focus leaves an input field, by using edit validate rules. In V5.4SP2, seven formats for properties are supported:
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Tax-Payer Identification Number (TIN)
- US Zip Code
- US Extended Zip Code (Zip + 4)
- US Phone Number
- International Phone Number
To make a property automatically format:
- Open the property rule you want to be automatically formatted.
- On the Definition tab of the property rule form, under the Input Processing section, enter the appropriate edit validation rule in the validate field.
- When entering data, it display exactly as you type it. The input only changes format when you exit the field.
For example, if you enter an SSN such as:
When the user causes focus to leave the input field on the form, Process Commander automatically reformats the input to appear as:
- The following standard edit validation rules are available in V5.4SP2 for automatically formatting an input field:
- SSN — Social Security Number
- TIN — Taxpaer Identification Number
Published May 1, 2008 — Updated September 2, 2008