Work status values can be used to indicate how far a flow action has progressed or has been evaluated while performing validation. Some of the predefined work status values include Open, Pending-Approval, and Resolved-Withdrawn.
To add a custom work status value to indicate a status unique to your application, create a work status field value for the pyStatusWork property.
Create and use a new work status value
To create and use a new work status value, do the following steps:
- Determine the new work status value
- Create a new work status field value
- Set work status in your flow
- View work status from the Case Manager
Determine the new work status value
Several values are available in the auto-complete field while setting work status. Determine if your application would benefit by adding a new work status value.
In this example, you add the value Open-Resubmitted.
Create a work status field value
To add a new work status, create a field value for the pyStatusWork property.
- Open the Cases Explorer.
- Complete the Field Value record configuration:
- Label – Enter the name of your new work status (for example, Open-Resubmitted).
- Field Name – Select .pyStatusWork from options in the SmartPrompt list
- Specify the class for which the field value should be defined.
The Apply to class should be the -Work class for your application or case.
- Click Create and open.
- In the To cell of the Field Value form, enter the work status value (for example, Open-Resubmitted), and then click Save.
Create additional work status field values by repeating the steps above, or selecting Label and To values.
from the Save menu and entering new
Set work status in your flow
Work status can be set in the properties panel for your flow shape. For example, in the properties panel of a Get Approval assignment, work status can be set to Pending-Approval.
If a request is rejected, work status can be set to Resolved-Rejected in the properties panel of the End Shape for the flow.
Now that you have a custom work status value, it is available when you set work status.
In this example, the new Open-Resubmitted work status value can be set in the Advanced section of the assignment properties panel for a request that has been resubmitted.
View work status from the Case Manager
When the Case Manager runs the process, the work status value can be seen in the Status column of the case contents.