End of support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and quirks mode applications in Pega 7.1.9
In accordance with Microsoft’s announcement to discontinue support for Internet Explorer 8 in January 2016, Pega 7.1.9 does not support Internet Explorer 8, nor does it support non-HTML5 standard user interfaces.
You must upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later or use Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox. If you are using Internet Explorer 9 or later, you must turn off compatibility mode by accessing the Compatibility View settings.
Note the following:
- Pega 7.1.9 does not support user interface rules that are not based on HTML5 standards (rules in quirks mode).
- If you use applications that are rendered in quirks mode, which enables Pega 7 to correctly display and render non-HTML5 standard user interfaces, you must update them to standards-based HTML5 user interfaces when you upgrade to Pega 7.1.9 or later. Pega 7 provides automated tools to help you migrate your applications.
- Pegasystems Global Customer Support will not investigate or fix any Pega 7.1.9 bugs or support requests that are exclusive to Internet Explorer 8 or quirks mode user interfaces.
You can quickly identify which components of your application user interface are not HTML5 standards-based by clicking.
Upgrading to Pega 7.1.9 and a newer browser offers the following benefits:
- These browsers are HTML5 and CSS3 compliant.
- New features are supported and existing features work as intended.
- The Pega 7 Platform user interface is displayed and rendered as intended.
- Browser security is enhanced.
If you have additional questions about browser support, see the Platform Support Guide or contact Pegasystems Global Customer Support.