Web Chatbot operators and access groups
By default, Pega Customer Service provides the following operators for Web Chatbot:
- WebChatbotAdmin – An operator with administrator privileges that can access Designer Studio and use the Web Chatbot configuration portal.
- WebChatbotConfig – An operator who can only use the Web Chatbot configuration portal.
- WebChatbotUser – An operator who can only use the Web Chatbot widget. You can use this operator to escalate self-service cases.
Pega Customer Service also provides the following access groups:
- WebChatbotAdmin – Allows you to log in to Designer Studio.
- WebChatbotConfig – Allows you to log in to the Self-Service Advisor configuration portal.
- WebChatbotUser – Allows you to log in to the Self-Service Advisor run-time application.
For security purposes, Pega-provided operators are disabled when you install the application. In order to log in and use the access rights of any given operator, an application administrator must enable that operator. For more information, see the Pega Customer Service Installation Guide
on the Pega Customer Sevice product page
To create your own access roles to restrict or permit various privileges for those using Web Chatbot, use the developer portal of the Pega Customer Service application. For more information, see Groups & Roles.
Published November 24, 2017 — Updated April 10, 2019