What if Updater fails to update Runtime or Agile Desktop?
If Pega® Robotic Automation Updater fails to update Robotic Automation Runtime or Robotic Automation Agile Desktop, complete the following steps:
- Make sure that the .git directory is located within the Runtime installation folder. The folder is hidden, so you must enable the Show All hidden folders option. Click Tools > Folder Options > View.
- Make sure that Robotic Automation Updater has been initialized by running OpenSpan.VersionFinder.exe as an administrator by using the following commands:
cd C:\Program Files\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Updater
parameter displays the Version Finder dialog.
In the above example, the version of Robotic Automation Runtime in use is 22.214.171.124 and the local repo has not been initialized, which means that there was a failure to store the Robotic Automation Runtime repo locally on the machine.
- To display the list of branches that are stored on the local repo, click Show All Branches.
- If the list of branches is empty, reinstall Robotic Automation Updater. For more information, see How do you re-create the git folder?
- If some branches are listed, but not the one that you want, Robotic Automation Updater is failing to download the specified branch version. For additional instructions, and to ensure that the branch that you want is available, contact Robotic Automation Support.
Published December 19, 2016 — Updated October 30, 2017