Text predictions simplify the configuration of text analytics for conversational channels
Enable text analytics for your conversational channels, such as email and chatbot, by configuring text predictions that manage the text models for your channels. This new type of prediction in Prediction Studio consolidates the AI for analyzing the messages in your conversational channels in one place and replaces the text analyzer rule in Dev Studio.
Through text predictions, you can efficiently configure the outcomes that you want to predict by analyzing the text in your channels:
- Topics (ticket booking, subscription cancellation, support request)
- Sentiments (positive, neutral, negative)
- Entities (people, organizations, airport codes)
You can train and build the models that predict these outcomes through an intuitive process, and then monitor the outcomes through user-friendly charts.
For more information, see Predict customer needs and behaviors by using text predictions in your conversational channels.
Channels that you configured with text analyzers in the previous version of your system continue to work in the same manner after the upgrade to the current version. When you edit and save the configuration of an existing channel, the text analyzer rule is automatically upgraded to a text prediction. The associated text prediction is now an object where you can manage and monitor the text analytics for your channel. When you create a new channel in the upgraded system, the system automatically creates a text prediction for that channel.
What steps are required to update the application to be compatible with this change?
- Enable the asynchronous model building and reporting in text predictions through job schedulers that use the System Runtime Context (SRC) by adding your application to the SRC.
For more information, see Automating the runtime context management of background processes.
- Enable model building in text predictions by configuring background processing nodes.
For more information, see Assigning decision management node types to Pega Platform nodes.