Accessibility failure on the OOTB "Small screen Hamburger Menu"
When viewing the Pega portal on a smallscreen, Accessibility testing fails on the out-of-the-box 'Small screen Hamburger Menu'.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to App or Dev Studio.
- Open a new Case Manager window.
- Resize to a tab or mobile View to view the 'Hamburger Menu'.
- Right click the mouse to and select 'Inspect' the UI Elements.
- Move the selection to 'Hamberburger menu' to view the 'Aria-Collapsed' attribute.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
The Role heading was missing the required aria-level. According to the ARIA Accessibility UI Standards testing, 'aria-collapsed' attribute must be changed to 'aria-expanded'.
Perform the following local-change:
Replace aria-collapsed (true/false) with a valid aria-expanded (true/false).
Use aria-expanded=false when the menu is closed and aria-expanded=true when the menu is open.
This feature is implemented in Pega Platform 8.3.3.
Published June 9, 2020 - Updated December 2, 2021
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.