Action is not allowed as it is outside the current transaction
SummaryWhen user clicks on custom (submit) button or any button twice very quickly, users are getting "Action is not allowed as it is outside the current transaction "message" .
Error MessagesAction is not allowed as it is outside the current transaction
Steps to Reproduce1. On click of a button configure an activity which has many steps.
2. Click the button twice very quickly.
3. Observer the error message on UI "Action is not allowed message is displaying".
Root CauseAn issue in the custom application code or rules:
User is clicking the button twice very quickly before the activity completes its process and hence there are two transaction that are getting generated for the same on click event.
To avoid the user from multiple clicks disable the button on single click followed by the execution of the following user configured activity:
1) Create a test property which is of type true/false.
2) Create a Disable when condition Rule for the button where in when the test property is set to false, the button should get disable.
3) Create Data transform rule where in the test property is set to false.
4) On click of the button under actions tab > Add an Action and the action should be before the user configured activity , which is as follows
- On action refresh section the data transform is used to set the test property value to false so that on refresh of the section the button is disabled and post which the activity will only execute once.
Published August 25, 2016 - Updated September 8, 2016