Application does not start-up after Upgrade to Pega 7.1.6
After upgrading to Pega 7.1.6 split schema, the application fails to start.
[4/8/15 17:25:08:617 CDT] FFDC Exception:java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException SourceId:com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement.pmiExecuteQuery ProbeId:738 Reporter:[email protected]
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
Steps to Reproduce
1.Run the migrate.sh script to migrate the rules to a new schema.
2.Run the upgrade script to upgrade the rules schema.
Try to start the system, but data schema cannot access for tables in rules schema, so the system does not start-up.
The root cause of this problem is software use/operation error. The upgrade to a split schema environment is not complete. You need to run the migrate script a second time to create the rules schema objects and grant the necessary privileges between the data and rules schema. You also need to run the upgrade of the data schema.
Follow these steps to generate the rules schema objects as outlined in the upgrade to a split schema with one database section of the Pega 7.1 Upgrade Guide:
1. Open the migrateSystem.properties file that you used to migrate the Rules Schema. Keep the same
values for the source and target destinations except you need to set the pega.target.data.schema to the combined 6.x rules/data schema that is going to be your data schema in the upgraded environment.
Since you are not migrating the Rules Schema again, set all of the Operational properties to false in the migrateSystem.properties file:
2. Set the following properties to true to generate and apply rules objects:
3. Save the script after editing.
4. Open a command prompt, and navigate to the scripts directory.
5. Execute the script by typing migrate.bat or ./migrate.sh for Linux.
6. Run the ./update.sh --dataOnly true step as outlined in the guide to update your data schema.
0% found this useful