Attach content ignores 'File Name' setting
SummaryUser complained that the “Attach content control” ignores 'File Name' setting:
- when it is set to 'Property reference' ; file name of attachment is not populated with value of property
- when it is set to 'Text' ; file name of attachment is not populated with provided text
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce1. Create simple Case with single: Flow, Flow Action and Section.
2. Define text property FileName for case.
3. In section include 'Attach content' control.
4. Configure 'Attach content' control in Attachment settings set File Name to 'Property Reference' and provide property defined in step #2 above.
5. In pyDefault for case set FileName value, example "foo".
6. Create case.
7. In section click 'Attach content' button and provide file:
- Expected results: File will be attached with name "foo" (value of .FileName property)
- Real results: File is attached with original name
Root CauseAttach Content control is for mobile devices and attachment settings are not applicable for desktop.
ResolutionHere’s the explanation for the reported behavior :
Attach Content control is for Mobile devices and the setting that appear during the design time are supported only for Mobile.
When the control is used in desktop Pega just shows the modal to do attachments which is an existing control written for desktop purpose.
So attachment settings are ignored for desktop and applicable only for Mobile.
Published May 2, 2017 - Updated May 16, 2017