Attachment section not populating on Internet Explorer 11
The Pega-provided Attachment control does not work in Internet Explorer 11 in the user portal. When a user tries to attach a file using Attach File option, the Attachment section is not displayed properly. The window pops up but is not populated, except in compatibility mode.
Steps to Reproduce
Prerequisites to reproduce behaviour
- In the PRPC 6.3 SP1 environment, install HFix-8246 and HFix-9161.
- Create a flow that can be launched in the Pega-provided user portal.
Steps to reproduce
- Click the Audit link on a work object item.
- From the Add button, select Attach a File option.
The modal dialog opens but does not display the Drag and Drop control or the Browse control to select a file option. It just displays the OK and Cancel buttons.
This issue is caused by the BrowserIsIE When rule, which recognizes Internet Explorer with the header "User-Agent" with a MSIE token. In Internet Explorer 11, this was removed from Microsoft and not supported.
Perform the following local-change:
1. In Data-WorkAttach-File class, create a When rule that evaluates the following expression to true.
2. Override the AttachingScreen section present in Data-WorkAttach-File class and add another visible OR condition similar to this example: