Block ID error during install of Personal Edition
Developer is not able to install PE on laptop. An error is reported during the install.
[exec]pr_restore:[custom archiver] found unexpected block ID(0) when reading data -- expected 7432
[exec]pr_restore: <...> aborted because of error
Steps to Reproduce
1) Run the Windows Batch File
2) Follow steps and during installation for the first time, we get an error " Not able to locate /Data/sqlj.dump" (the name of the original file was "pega.dump")
3) Go to the data folder and rename "Pega.dump" as "sqlj.dump" as instructed by the error message.
4) Delete the PRPCPersonalEdition folder in which the installation was carried on.
5) Start fresh installation.
This time installation continued for a long time and all the default PRPC tables and schemas were also created, but installation failed at the end with the error
The root cause of this problem is in a third-party product integrated with PRPC. Prior installation setting/file found and causing problems.
This issue is resolved through the following local change: issue fixed after formatting hard drives and performing install again.