Blue Screen when Using Edit Validate rule
Edit Validate rules are configured for client-side validation for multiple forms. However, the validations are invoked incorrectly and a blue screen displays when incorrect data is entered and removed in the field to display the validation for Testing.
There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator
Steps to Reproduce
- Configure an Edit Validate rule on a Text input field.
- Configure a Postal Code field which has a Validation to enter a Numeric value only of up to 6 digits.
- Enters an incorrect value (for example, text). The property requires a numeric value to be entered. Error displays with the correct Validation according to the Edit Validate rule.
- Remove the incorrect value. The correct validation displays.
- Enter an incorrect value (that is, a text value) The blue screen display with an error. This occurs for all fields with Edit Validation.
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
An invalid Harness context was considered while the actions were processed. The Harness context must be resolved from the Event target to set the Context for an Action set.
This issue is addressed in the latest patch release 8.1.8.
0% found this useful