Business events create duplicate notifications
There is a delay between the triggering and running a triggered-business event. Unexpected results occur if the work object changes state before the business event agent performs the logic. The user subscribed to buiness events may see duplicate events under certain conditions.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a process that changes the work object state quickly.
Activity with following steps
Property-Set .pyStatusWork = "Open-A"
Property-Set .pyStatusWork = "Open-B"
2. Create a business event that observes the object state changes in Case Manager portal.
Case Manager portal > Calendar Tab > Event Subscriptions > New
Chose Evaluate when an instance of yourWorkClass is "is created or updated"
specify the object state in the conditions
.pyStatusWork is Equal to "Open-A"
Notify subscribers in RSS feed
supply a title to the rss feed and RSS feed message
optionally include the property with <<.pyStatusWork>>
double bracket notation.
3. Create a second event but use as above with the modification given below.
.pyStatusWork is Equal to "Open-B"
4. Subsribe to events by clicking on the Subscription Icon, and choose Subscribe to event definition and RSS feed.
5. Run the activity.
6. Wait for two minutes for agents to process the business events.
7. Navigate to Case Manager portal > Calendar Tab, and refresh the RSS feed.
The business events system stores only the previous state with queued agent event. When the business event agent runs, it uses the current state of the work object. If the current work object changes state prior to the agent running, the logic will use the updated state instead of the state at business event initiation. The delay of the agent (default 90 seconds) allows change in state prior to evaluation of business event logic.
Submitted product enhancement request item FDBK-8560.
An enhancement request has been created for consideration by Pega Product Management.
0% found this useful