Buttons in 6.2 visible always are condtional in 7.1.6
Developer has an old Button control in a section. There exists a visibility condition on the button as when rule. While checking in the section, the visibility condition is set to visible always. After upgrading to 7.1.6, the section still shows visible when.
No error message. The section shows the last visible when condition even though it was checked in as visible always before importing to 7.1.6.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a section with a old Button control with type = custom;
2. Add a visible when condition on the button.
3. Save the button and check in.
4. Check out again, remove visibility condition to always.
5. Check in without saving.
6. Import the section in a 7.1.6 environment.
On importing the section, the value of visible when is set to "OTHER" regardless of its value in original section. This happens during upgrade.
The issue is resolved by installing HFix-20321. The sections need to be imported again after installing the HFIx. Also, the sections already corrupted will not show this change even after installing the HFIx.
0% found this useful