Cannot customize report shortcut menu
There is a requirement to change the behavior of the copy function on the reporting screen to create an actual copy of a report and not just another shortcut. The current behavior of copying the shortcut is misleading. Unable to change the behavior locally as all the rules are final.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the reports browser.
- Click the gear icon next to a report short cut.
- Select copy from the menu.
This is the expected behaviour as documented in the Help File : -
"Click the gear icon in the row of the report shortcut to do other operations. Depending on your privileges, the options might include:
- Edit: Edit the report title or description.
- Move: Move the report shortcut to a different category.
- Copy: Copy the report shortcut to a different category.
- Delete: Delete the report shortcut. If you delete a shortcut, and there is no other active shortcut for the associated report definition, the action deletes the report definition as well as its shortcut.
- Schedule: Schedule the report to run on a one-time or recurring basis. You can also use this option to subscribe to a scheduled report and enable other users to subscribe to it.
- Subscribe: Receive email notifications with attached report results each time the report runs.
- Unsubscribe: Stop receiving email notifications when the report runs."
An alternative approach is to create a pyCaption field value in the Report-Shortcut class to change the "Copy" label to "Copy Shortcut".
Published October 12, 2015 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.