Cannot install Silverlight
While trying to install Silverlight from Silverlight.cab, installation fails with an "Installation Incomplete" error.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Select the 'document now' option.
2. You see Silverlight Installation required popup.
3. Click on 'Download PRPC Silverlight prerequisites' icon.
4. You see SilverLight.cab. Run the included setup.exe file.
5. You get an install error that the installer was interrupted.
The root cause of this problem is in a third-party compatibilty issue.
Before installing Silverlight, you need to set both registries - “AllowLaunchOfElevatedTrustApps” and “AllowElevatedTrustAppsInBrowser” to 0x00000001 (enabled) to allow Silverlight to run.
0% found this useful