Cannot open a second customer Interaction (Tracer error)
A user has a phone call Interaction open on one tab and then tries to create a new phone call Interaction and add a new customer. After entering the contact details and clicking Submit, the search screen is redisplayed instead of opening the new Interaction. The Tracer displays an error.
Error MessagesRole Contact is not repeatable.
Steps to Reproduce
- Start the Interaction portal and create a new phone call.
- Search for contact type Dealer and search for any dealer.
- Select any of the searched customers and click the Submit button.
- See the customer interaction 360 view displayed.
- Create a new phone call for contact type Customer and give any last or first name and click the Search button.
- Click Add New Customer and enter the required details.
- On clicking the Submit button, you should enter into a new interaction view for the added customer. Instead, you are redirected to the previous search screen.
An issue in the custom application code or rules
The CPMNewDefaultsInternal activity was calling CPMNewDefaultsInternal. When a second Interaction was created, the CPMNotInInteractionContext When condition evaluated to false; therefore, a data transform was invoked that set the Contact work party details. This did not occur when creating the first Interaction because the When condition evaluated to true at that point; therefore, a different code path was taken.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Modify CPMNewDefaults so that it does not call CPMNewDefaultsInternal.
Published June 2, 2017 - Updated June 30, 2017