Case lock is released on browser refresh
SummaryCase locks are released on browser refresh. User A opens a case and starts working on it and then performs a browser refresh. The lock is now lost. Another User is now able to acquire the lock
Error Messages"This operation requires a lock on the object before it can proceed.
You have lost the ability to make this change because a change elsewhere has taken precedence over the change you made here."
Steps to Reproduce
1. User A opens a case in Perform harness.
2. User A refreshes the browser. The case is refreshed and seems to be in the same assignment in which it was previously.
3. User B now opens the case and can lock it and modify it.
4. User A makes updates the open asisgnment and tries to submit the case. The below error is seen:
"You have lost the ability to make this change because a change elsewhere has taken precedence over the change you made here."
5. Now when User A tries to re-acquire the lock, he gets a message saying that the lock is with User B.
Root CauseThis is working as per the design.
ResolutionHere’s the explanation for the reported behavior:
Lock is not lost by operator on browser refresh, rather it turns into a soft lock. My locks and syslocks table would still show lock hold by userA after browser refresh, but it does not stop userB to snatch that lock.
More on soft lock - https://pdn.pega.com/sites/default/files/help_v718/procomhelpmain.htm#definitions/s/softlock.htm
Published August 29, 2016 - Updated September 8, 2016