Case Match rule does not work when FirstName value is Null
The Case Match decision rule does not work when value for the FirstName is Null.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a simple case type, Customer.
- In this class coupled to the Customer case, create a property 'FirstName' of type Text and optimize this property.
- In the case type settings, Track Duplicates, set:
- Weighted conditions: 10 for Primary.pyLabel = .pyLabel (weighted conditions is mandatory)
- Set 'Case is duplicate when sum >= 10'
- Enable 'Configure Must match conditions' and set '.FirstName is same'
- Open the 'Case Match' pyDefaultCaseMatch decision rule coupled to the class of the required case. Include additional Must match conditions such that '.FirstName is not null'
- Refresh the settings and confirm the Track duplicates for the Customer case type.
Note: '.FirstName is not null' is added to the Must match conditions.
- In the Customer case, add a simple process which consists of an assignment (Collect Info) and 'Search for duplicates' flow utility. The Collect Info accepts the FirstName through text input.
- Launch the Case Worker portal and run the Customer case. Enter the following values for the FirstName in the Collect Info assignment.
- Run the tracer to trace the duplicates search flow. Perform this before submitting the Collect Info assignment.
(Perform this step for the following four cases)
- Case 1:
FirstName = John SQL : UPPER("PC0"."firstname") = 'JOHN' AND UPPER("PC0"."firstname") IS NOT NULL Duplicates not found
- Case 2:
FirstName = Robert Duplicates not found
- Case 3:
FirstName = John SQL: UPPER("PC0"."firstname") = 'JOHN' AND UPPER("PC0"."firstname") IS NOT NULL Duplicates found.
- Case 4:
FirstName = <null> (do not enter any value) SQL: UPPER("PC0"."firstname") IS NOT NULL ) Duplicates found.
- Case 1:
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules.
Published March 30, 2018 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.