Change to agent schedule does not update agent
SummaryAn update to the Agent Interval through the Agent Schedule instance for an advanced mode, periodic agent from 30 seconds to 5 seconds is not reflected in the Agent execution.
Error MessagesNot applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Update an Advanced mode, Periodic Agent with Interval of 30 seconds to have an Interval of 5 seconds via the Agent Schedule instance.
- Monitor the Agent execution interval via the Agent list in SMA.
Expected Result: The execution interval will be updated to be every 5 seconds.
Actual Result: SMA shows that the Agent is still running with its original interval of 30 seconds.
Stopping and re-starting the agent does not change the interval.
Root CauseThere is a configuration setting which determines the minimum time for an Agent interval (minimumwakeup in the agent category) and by default this value is 30 seconds.
If the default setting has not been amended on a system then the Agent schedule interval will not be set any lower than 30 seconds.
Details of the minimumwakeup setting can be found in the “Configuration Settings Reference Guide” available on the PDN at:
ResolutionPerform the following local-change steps:
- Review the minimum wakeup configuration setting.
- Apply an update to the system if there is a requirement for the Agent interval to be less than the default of 30 seconds.
- Note that the lowest value for this configuration setting is 5 seconds and that the minimumwakeup setting does need a system restart before it comes into effect.
Published September 23, 2016 - Updated October 5, 2016