Changes to a property value do not show up in audit log
SummaryA work class property is flagged for track security changes, but on click of ‘submit’ the audit is not added for the property’s value change even when the property’s value is changed.
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Flow.
- In the flow action change the value of the tracked property via user action.
- Configure the flow action post activity to update the pyStatusWork property.
- Modify the Work-.pyTrackStatus When condition so that it is evaluated to true.
- Run the flow, change the tracked property’s value and hit ‘submit’, check the audit tab of the item.
Root CauseThe Work-.pxTrackStatuses Declare trigger was firing before the pyTrackSecurityChanges trigger.
The Work-.pxTrackStatuses trigger fired by updating Status updates the Database first.
Now the pyTrackSecurityChanges tries to get the data of properties that needs to be audited by comparing the clipboard values with Database values.
But as the values are already been updated via pxTrackStatuses trigger the difference in value appears as none and no Property level auditing added.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change steps:
- Separate out the triggers into separate events.
- Do a 'Save' in between the two events, updating status and updating the values in the flow action.
Published March 28, 2017 - Updated April 21, 2017