Changing Plan end-date creates new Plan instance
When editing a previously draft-approved PlanProduct Composer for Healthcare ( PCS ) allows user to change the 'end-date' (on metadata screen).
When user changes the end date and the plan is again draft-approved, PCS creates an additional Plan 'data' instance.
PCS would ordinarily not let you create a duplicate named Plan with overlapping date ranges. Both Plan data instances (with different end-dates) are associated with same Plan work-object.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a PCS Plan and proceed all the way through draft-approval. Note that user can now find the plan when clicking 'Plans' on left-hand navigation bar and filter it (for example, by name).
- Reopen the Plan work object and click 'update' button.
- Make a change to the end-date.
- Proceed all the way through draft-approval.
- Click on 'Plans' on left-hand navigation bar and note that when you filter for your Plan, observe two instances, one with the old end-date and one with the new end-date.
This is working as designed in PCS version 7.12. The system is setup to retain all data instances.
This issue may be avoided in PCS version 7.21 through the use of application versioning features.
0% found this useful