¿ Characters appear as ï¿½ when Excel on server side
SummarySpecial characters is being corrupted in the server side. � appears correctly in the UI and in the reports generated in the export to excel functionality.
However, it appears as ï¿½ in the reports written on the server side.
Having � on the screen, reports and export to excel output file is not an issue. The issue is on the output excel file in the server.
1- details of the database that you are using.
Database version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 184.108.40.206.0 - 64bit
Driver version: 220.127.116.11.0
2- Just to rule out the DB encoding issue:
* Is the character in DB correct?
* What character set is the database configured to use?
3- What is the Operator Default Locale?
5- What is the Server operating system character set?
7. What CHARACTER-SET are you using for the JVM (file.encoding setting for instance) ?
8. What is your definition of 'special' characters.? Are these diacritics (egșț ) ie non-ascii characters from a Romanian character?
9. Can you tell us more about property ‘Customer Address’ which you are using in this Report Definition?
This is not only restricted to the Customer Address. The issue is happening on columns having special characters.
10. Please provide details of the activity steps when you say:
This is not an issue; the issue is when the same report is being written into an FTP location which is driven by an activity.
11. Are you using CONNECT-FILE?
<using 'write from clipboard property'>
13. Are these characters ones that are not in the ACII character set? What are their values in UTF-8 or UTF-16? What is the database character encoding set to?
Error MessagesNot Applicable
Steps to ReproduceUse Connect-File to write data to a xls file in server location.
Root CauseThis is a an Microsoft Excel issue which cannot correctly show those characters.
ResolutionUser confirmed that after upgrading their MS Office version they could not see the issue anymore.
Published March 9, 2017 - Updated March 22, 2017