Chatbot does not display Welcome Message in WebPage on 1st load
A web Chatbot is configured in Pega 8.3.
The Mashup code of the web Chatbot is embedded in an HTML page which is deployed in an Apache Tomcat server (\webapps\Chatbot\index.html) for testing.
On using the URL in a browser, the Pega Chatbot loads without a Welcome message. However, on reloading the current page, the Welcome message displays in the Console.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to Pega Platform 8.3.
- From Channels and Interfaces, create a Web Chatbot and save the interface with the basic details.
- Navigate to the Behavior tab.
- Configure the 'System Response for Welcome' to the below:
- Response Type > Custom
- Data Transform > pyPopulateOutboundData
- Save the configuration.
- Start the Tomcat service.
- In a browser, enter http://localhost:8080/Chatbot/ URL. The Pega Chatbot loads with no content from the data transform configured in the System Response for Welcome in the Pega application.
- Reload or refresh the page. The relevant content from the data transform displays.
A software use or operation error.
The required rulesets were missing in the application.
Perform the following local-change:
Add the below rulesets in the application