CPMStartRecentContextSwitch withdrawn in Pega CS 8.1
A Pega Customer Service (CS) 7.2.2 is upgraded to Pega CS 8.1.
In the pre-upgraded application, the CPMStartRecentContextSwitch activity is used. However, this activity is withdrawn in Pega CS 8.1. The requirement is for an alternative for the CPMStartRecentContextSwitch activity.
Steps to Reproduce
Upgrade Pega CS 7.2.2 to Pega CS 8.1.
CS Recents functionality is revamped in Pega CS 8.1. The earlier CS Recents infrastructure is withdrawn.
Hence, the upgraded application must be refactored to use the new infrastructure.
Here's the explanation for the reported behavior:
- D_CSRecents - New data page is added. This page presents the Recents service case in the Interaction portal across all channels. This new data page is lightweight in design and supports all existing features such as, queued tasks, maintain the order of Recents, close a Recent or Task etc.
Pega CS 8.1 has two master utilities which are responsible for updating the list.
- CSUpdateDriverCaseRecents - Updates the Intent Recents whenever a case is opened or closed.
- CSUpdateDriverRecentsStatus - Data transform is used to update properties when the service case switches.
- CSAddIntentToDriverRecents - Updates the D_CSRecents when a case is launched. It checks the existence of the case in the list, in the driver, or a new case. Once a case is found, it appends the entry and updates the values.
- CSDeleteFromDriverRecents - Updates the status of a case when the case is completed or closed. Additionally, it takes care of persisting cases in an interaction work object when the interaction is closed.