Custom Sections in Report Definition do not format properly
User has checked the "Display rows using custom section" checkbox in a Report Definition > Report Viewer > Report Body settings.
Thus, a custom section is used to display rows using the section defined. However this section does not render appropriately when they maximize the window in Internet Explorer, or when they use compatibility view.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a report definition.
2. Select "Display rows using custom section" in a report definition rule under "Report Viewer" tab.
3. Select "Do not Scroll Headers".
4. Create custom section using free form layout and formatted as per the field length on the Report screen.
5. Embed this custom section within a dynamic layout.
6. Save and run the report definition.
When the sections used for displaying rows using custom section, it can have simple controls such as text fields, but can not use complex controls such as grids or trees.
Also, nested sections might not render properly when used as custom sections. When a window is resized, the width of the custom section does not automatically resize, and therefore, design the custom section to fit into the smallest display size that is possible.
The existing behaviour is an expected limitation with respect to rendering / formatting of custom sections(documented on PDN), see:
Published August 4, 2016 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.