Data-Admin-Security-Keystore not caching
SummaryData-Admin-Security-Keystore is not caching for mobile application. This is resulting in additional unnecessary calls to the database.
Error MessagesNot applicable
Steps to Reproduce
Connect soap when the connector setup with authProfile.
The rule instance cache doesnt include the data instances of type keystore, thus additional unnecessary calls are made to the database.
ResolutionApply HFix-30514. HFix-30514 Installation Instructions
- Take Database backup
- Unzip the attached DDL scripts (Triggers_updated.zip) to a folder, the unzipped content would have DDL scripts specific to the database flavor, for e.g. DB2, MSSQL,POSTGRES and ORACLE. Use the specific flavor. The DB2 folder however contains 2 folders for LUW and ZOS flavors.
- There are 3 scripts in each folder the purpose of each script is to keep the rule instance cache in sync in a multimode environment when a particular rule instance is created, deleted or updated.
- Please ensure to update the schema name in each script , for e.g. CREATE TRIGGER GCS04DBO.trpr_dataadm_upd
CALL .PRPC_UPDATESCACHE (NEW.PZINSKEY
- Please follow either of the steps(a or b) as per feasibility , both should work
- DROP and recreate the scripts
- Before using the scripts the existing triggers set against PR_DATA_ADMIN table have to be dropped using the conventional drop command.
- For e.g. DROP TRIGGER <SCHEMA_NAME>.<TRIGGER_NAME>
- After dropping the triggers, the triggers specific a particular database in question needs to be run(from the respective folder in the zip). For e.g. for DB2 the 3 triggers needs to be dropped first and 3 triggers need to be created again.
- For e.g for DB2 ZOS , these needs to be created
- If you don’t wish to drop the scripts or don’t have admin privileges to drop the scripts, then alter the existing triggers present in PR_DATA_ADMIN table to add Data-Admin-Security-Keystore to the list of cached instances
The final list should contain:-
- 'Data-Admin-Security-Keystore' – This needs to be added.
- After adding 'Data-Admin-Security-Keystore' to the list , execute the trigger.
- After the database operations are performed, The DL item needs to be installed and the server needs to be restarted.
- Please make sure you save the already existing keystore instances used in your application either by saving them manually or by running the Revalidate and Save utility and choosing Data-Admin-Security-Keystore as the Type.
Published November 24, 2016 - Updated December 1, 2016