Data page parameter default value missing
User noticed that activity is removing quotes of default parameters of data page populated in a Page list . In a case where an Activity invokes the PageList and the Page List has Data Page as its Data Access and the Data Page is sourced from Report Definition).
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Data Page which is sourced from a Report Definition.
- Provide a default input parameter in the Data Page of type “abc”,”xyz” ( 2 strings separated by comma).These parameters are inturn passed to the RD.
- Create a Page List for which, choose the data access as “Copy data from a data page”.
- Refer the above created DataPage in this and you should be able to see the default parameters.
- Refer the Page list created, as the step page of the activity.
The Datapage sends the parameter("abc","xyz") to RD as a single string only. Since our parameter has comma separated values, at run time when RD constructs a query, it treats this parameter as a inline cause expression and understands it as two different values. So these are in turn populated in the pyPreparedValues which made user feel the data page by default sending the two strings to RD. More over, description mentioned in the Summary is an expected behaviour.
Perform the following local-change: Extra double quotes are appended to the parameter(""abc","xyz"") in the default value. So, when activity removes the extra quotes ("abc","xyz"), it is send to RD, RD treats it as inline clause and takes it as abc and xyz two different values.
0% found this useful