Data Type Rule - Records values not appearing until clicked
A Data Type is created to handle instances of an internal table. But one of the existing column does not show any value on ReadOnly mode. The value can be seen on the open field when updating any instance while using this Data Type.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Data Type for an internal table.
2. Configure the Data Type to managed instances.
3. Expose a new column.
4. Display instances, one column is blank.
In order to visualize the instances in ReadOnly mode, the Data Type is using an auto generated Report Definition called “DataTableEditorReport”. This Report Definition is also returning a blank column which is indicating that associated column must be blank on the database side as well.
The problem is resolved by applying the following Local-changes:
In Development/Test Environment:
1. Add dummy column ‘DummyColumn’ through Records Tab > Edit Columns Dialog.
2. Check if the data is populated for the Column ‘Business Name’.
3. Remove the dummy column using Edit Columns Dialog.
In Development/Test Environment/Production:
1. Use the column population utility suggested in the following PDN article: https://pdn.pega.com/pegarules-database/how-to-use-the-column-populator-utility
Published June 12, 2015 - Updated October 8, 2020
Was this useful?
0% found this useful
Have a question? Get answers now.
Visit the Collaboration Center to ask questions, engage in discussions, share ideas, and help others.