Decision Data record save failure with error 'Invalid Property'
An error occurs when trying to save a Decision Data rule.
Label — Invalid Property
"<PZ__ERROR DATAFLD="pyLabel">[Embed-Reference-Property.pyMessageLabel]pyInvalidPropertyUsed</PZ__ERROR>" in tracer.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Decision Data rule.
- Click on "Customize Form".
- Add a embedded section to the 'pyEditElement' section.
- Add more than 50 properties to that embedded section.
- Save the rule.
There is a limitation in Pega where the RDB Query that populates the list is unable to retrieve more than 50 properties.
The issue only occurs in the case where these properties are contained in a section which is referenced in 'pyEditElement' rather than directly added to the 'pyEditElement' section.
Perform the following local-change step::
1. Split the embedded section(s) to have fewer than 50 properties each.
2. Include a top level section in 'pyEditElement' which refers all the sub-sections.
The properties present under these sections can only be added to the form tab of decision data by 'add properties' option.
This defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules is scheduled to be fixed in Pega platform 7.2.2.