Defer Load Contents not working for Dynamic Layouts
Defer Load Contents of a Dynamic Layout and its nested Dynamic Layouts does not work at run time. The "loading" status is displayed for the Dynamic Layouts that have been chosen to be deferred. However, when you open the portal, all the Dynamic Layout sections load normally; Defer Load Contents is not working. You also try to defer the loading of all of the Dynamic Layouts nested within the top Dynamic Layout, but all sections still load normally.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Dynamic Layout with nested Dynamic Layouts and specify Defer Load Contents on each layout.
- Open the portal and go to the Dynamic Layout created in Step 1 with the Defer Load Contents option.
- Observe that the Dynamic Layout sections load and are not deferred as expected.
- The nested Dynamic Layouts load also and are not deferred as expected.
A software use or operation error
The sections of each Dynamic Layout contain very few elements to load; therefore, the Defer Load Contents option appears not to work.
Perform the following local-change to see Defer Load Contents working for layouts containing very few elements:
- For the new Dynamic Layout, create a new section with tabbed layout.
- Create a Dynamic Layout and placed it in one of the tabs of the new section.
- Select Defer Load Contents on the Dynamic Layout properties.
Published October 24, 2016 - Updated April 21, 2017