Dropdown and data page values are cleared/wrong on Grid Repeat
On a section user has many Grid Repeat Layout with drop-down inside.
For each of drop-downs the Data Page is determined. For each Grid Repeat Layout Data Pages are different.
When user add one of drop-down to form, user may have a wrong value list for it.
Wrong value list for "ProductGroupList" is right list for ProductTypelist. This defect is not reproduced on ProductTypelist.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a Section in the Application. The Section should be composed of couple of Repeat Grid with-in a Single Dynamic Layout.
- Configure both the Repeat Grids identical. Both should be progressive in nature and should consist one Drop-down control and one delete button.
- Both the Drop-down control should be sourced with different Declare page which access same Data Class.
- Run the Usecase and try to choose a value from Drop-down in Grid one.
- Move to Grid two, try to set value from Drop-down, observer that irrelevant values from other fields of Data class are getting populated in Drop-down rather than the actual one's.
This is a limitation of Layout control.
During runtime, it never generates any unique Id. So in a scenario where more than one control present in a single Dynamic Layout sourcing a single Data Class, causes issue. During execution of the first drop-down, the entire Section gets executed. So for the other control, source gets changes to irrelevant values.
Move the drop-down controls to a separate section and drop the sections with drop-down into the cells of the grids.
If the above change makes no difference then move both the Repeat Grids (Grid Repeat Layout 1.2.1 & Grid Repeat Layout 1.2.2) into two different sections and drop these two sections in the Dynamic Layout(Inline Grid Double)-1.2.