Dynamic Select not populating
SummaryFew of the dynamic select dropdowns are not getting populated present in grid.
Error MessagesNot applicable
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a grid with one column having dynamic select dropdown sourced with activity.
- Another column with one more dynamic select activity as source and dependant on first dynamic select.
- Second dynamic select based on condition would be replaced with text field( if it is not of particular type, else DS will be shown).
- Run case and observe that randomly few of the dynamic select results(second column only) are not populating.
Root CauseA defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules :-
- Second dropdown is dependant on first dropdown, as the ParentID(which is used to load DynamicSelect values) of Second dropdown in set to First Dropdown SelectID, which means ParentId should be equal to SelectID .
- ParentID is not set to proper value, in cases where editable dropdown is placed below rows having textinput istead of dropdown(in second dropdown cell).That is proper param value is not passed to dependant dropdown whenever row with DS is placed below a row with textfield in the same column.
- But First dropdown is set to expected value, that is the SelectID is having expected value but it is not getting passed to ParentID.
ResolutionPerform the following local-change:
Sorted the list so that rows with editable DS will be shown first, then rows with text field will be placed.
Published October 17, 2016 - Updated October 23, 2016