Edit in Excel with HFix-25833, user gets error
SummaryUser has migrated from PRPC 5.5 to PRPC 6.3 SP1.
Initially they have tested DataTable "Edit in Excel" feature and add/update was working fine and delete didn't work.
For the delete to work they have installed HFix-25833 but after installing the hotfix they are getting an error repeatedly.
So,they have rolled back hotfixes HFix-7921(Disable HTTP-only cookies Requirement for Edit in Excel) and HFix-25833 and again installed HFix-7921 where the add/update worked previously.
But even after performing rollback of HFix-25833 and installing the HFix-7921, user is facing the same error.
Error MessagesFailed to re-attach server session. -2147012867, A connection with the server could not be established.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install PRPC 6.3 SP1 with Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode active.
- Open any Data Table and click on "Edit in Excel".
Root CauseSSL protocol has been upgraded.
As there is a limitation on TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 for windows 7 operating system, user is not able to maintain the session when the communication occurs using TLSv1.1 and above.
ResolutionApply below changes in the user's environment, that is the system from which is meant to execute "Edit in Excel".
1. Install MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi, which is a windows fix/ update.
2. If the issue still persists then change the below registry value from the below path:
3. Change the DWORD value to 0 for disable the protocol.
Published April 18, 2017 - Updated May 4, 2017