Edit validate is not getting fired on dropdown date picker
Edit validate of date property rule is not getting fired on client side if user uses drop down date picker option and this validate is being fire on submit of flow action. If calendar option is used, the edit validate is being fired on selection of date. If user tries to give add post value on change, the validation is being fired and the drop-down values are getting reset even though value exists in clipboard.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create two Date/Date time properties and give OOTB edit validate in rule form of the properties.
2. Include above two properties into section as specified format below.
3. One property change "Display Mode" under "Editable Settings" as Text + Calender and other one as Dropdown List.
This is a flaw in Pega design. When the control is type Dropdown there is no onchange event to it so the validate function is not called.
1. When control 'pxDateTime' is Calender input(singular), then by design PRPC automatically fires 'onchange' event. When onchange happens. the validate function gets called.
2. When the control is type Dropdown, then there is no onchange event to it. The reason being that DropDown's number (3 or 6) changes depending on the locale. Some places 3 dropdowns are required for Datetime and somewhere 6(inclusing hours and minutes). So, if we add onchange event for Dropdowns, then we would need to add for every dropdown. This would inturn impact the performance of the system.
Therefore, the reported issue is not a bug in Pega, but a design implementation.