Email content is lost when typing an email
Agents work on email and chat interactions simultaneously. However, when a customer replies in the chat interaction while the agent is typing an email, the email content is lost.
Steps to Reproduce
- Log in to the application
- Initiate an email and chat interaction
- Start typing an email and wait for a customer to respond in the chat interaction
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules. Each new entry by the chat user resulted in a forced refresh action of the agent's screen (the header). This erased any email text that was entered on the screen and was not yet on the Clipboard.
In addition to the the hotfix, customize the pyReply section rule in the Work-Channel-Triage class to call the new SaveReply activity any time a mouse click occurs within the rich text editor (RTE). Perform the following steps to complete the customization:
- Add Click to the Action list which, as modified by the hotfix, only contains the Change event
- Insert a template and fill in multiple fields by using the mouse to navigate from one field to the next. With this additional change, every time a field is filled in and a mouse click occurs, the change is saved to the Clipboard
0% found this useful